Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fabric Shopping


This is the “fabric district” in Tel Aviv. You can find most of the fabrics here, whether it is luxury fabrics for evening and wedding gowns or casual materials for everyday clothes.
On Tuesday and Friday this street is filled with artists who come to showcase and sell their creations.
It is a lovely get-together of artists, colors, arts and it is full of energy. You feel it the minute you walk inside.
Fabric shopping on either Tuesday or Friday is a brave task because it is is much more crowded than usual.
But I had to look around in search of some purple fabric and took advantage of the event to take some new pictures.



When I was a teenager I used to hang out here almost every Friday and for some reason, even though there were the same artists here week after week, it didn’t get old. Well until it did I guess …





You can see one of the more luxurious fabric stores. They do some crazy things on the manikins. I love it!!


well, I didn’t find the purple I was looking for but it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. I did find those lovely lace trims I hope to make something pretty from. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Where in Tel Aviv is this? I would love to check it out. Are there any other areas in Tel Aviv you would recommend for fabric shopping? I will be there next week and will be looking for ethnic woven textiles (vintage or new) for custom blankets I am making. Please let me know. Any ideas would be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      So sorry , I saw this just now....
      The main area for fabric shopping is this one which is Nachalat Binyamin
      There are other places in south Tel Aviv but they are more scattered there and you need to have a specific plan - like shopping for knits or shopping for pants fabric so that you can decide where you want to go.
      Sorry I didn't see this when it was relevant!

      Liron

      Delete